Changing from DLA to PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Changing from DLA to PIP

myjakeys
myjakeys Community member Posts: 23 Courageous
edited November 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hiya , my son turned 16 on the 7th of November , he has cerebral palsy and autism . He gets DLA and his last payment was the 27th of oct ,  I received a letter inviting me to change him from DLA to pip and the letter says I need to ring before the 7th of December  .  I am his appointee so his money goes into  my bank , I got a payment from DLA on the 10th of November and it was half of hat he gets for DLA , I didn’t question it as i thought it might have something to do with the fact he’ll be changing to pip soon and I thought they’d pay the other half today ( 24th November as his DLA is due today , his last payment was 27th of October and he gets it every 4 weeks ) the payment normally goes in my bank the night before at about 10pm but nothing has gone in . Has this happened to anyone else ?   I am ringing them tomorrow anyway to ask for the pip form and to give them all my sons professionals phone numbers and addresses so I’ll mention it tomorrow but I just wondered has this happened to anyone else ?  Thanks xxx

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,939 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

It sounds like his DLA award has ended but it should continue until a decision's been made on his PIP, providing you ring to start the PIP claim off and return the form on time. He won't automatically transfer across. You need to ring DLA to ask when his payments have ended.

When you ring to start the PIP claim off they will just ask you some very basic questions and then they will send you the PIP2 form to fill in and return with all his evidence. Here's a sample of what the form looks like. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/713118/pip2-how-your-disability-affects-you-form.pdf

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • myjakeys
    myjakeys Community member Posts: 23 Courageous
    Thanks so much for your reply , I rang them and it is like a crossover xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,939 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    A crossover for what? PIP When transfering to PIP isn't not an automatic transfer and the corssover only happens when you've successfully been awarded PIP, which doesn't sound like it yet.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.