Change of circumstances — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Change of circumstances

Options
ShaunH
ShaunH Community member Posts: 28 Connected
Hi, wonder if anyone can help?
I reported a change in circumstances due to my mobility worsening not one thing had changed on my daily living component.
I was awarded enhanced Rate for daily 
an no award for mobility back last year.
I have had my decision letter today and they have decreased my daily living component to standard along with upping my mobility to standard rate components.. 
my question is how and why they would change my daily living component when that wasn’t part of my “change in circumstances” 
thanks

Comments

• ShaunH
    Options
    Also thank you in advance for your replies and help 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

They look at the whole award again and not just part of it unfortunately. If you're not happy with the decision they you have 1 month from that date to request the MR, if that fails then it's Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ShaunH
    Options
    Yes I thank you, I will be doing the MR it’s just annoying I am 1 point off each to get enhanced rate.!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You need to state where and why you think you should have scored those points. Adding a couple of recent real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Stating who was with you, where you were and detailed explanation of exactly what happended.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ernie2009
    ernie2009 Community member Posts: 167 Pioneering
    Options
    i did exactly the same reported a change in circumstance as mobility got worse and as poppy says they looked at whole case all over again. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.