Scoliosis and lumbar stenosis — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Scoliosis and lumbar stenosis

Options
Acko
Acko Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, I’m 69 years of age and have suffered with severe mechanical back pain and nerve pain in my feet and lower legs for 20yrs plus, I’ve had numerous surgeries on my spine at different levels including stabilisation and decompression. I take various pain relief medication including, opioids, gabapentin and anti inflammatory drugs, I’ve also had epidural injections and they used to work quite well but I think the severity of the pain and possibly the complexity of my scoliosis has rendered the injections less effective, so, I am now in constant pain and my only respite is spending my days in my recliner as any weight on my lumbar spine triggers the pain within 10mins. I would be interested to hear from anyone with similar problems and if they have any suggestions?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome on board, I am sorry to hear about your pain there is a section on here about chronic pain which you may find useful.

Have you been referred to a pain management clinic or had any physio involvement. ort maybe considered alternative therapy like hypnosis, acupuncture

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.