Do you buy or sell stuff on eBay from buyers/sellers that have less than 100% positive feedback? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do you buy or sell stuff on eBay from buyers/sellers that have less than 100% positive feedback?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
edited December 2020 in Coffee lounge
Topic.

If a seller has less than perfect feedback but in the high 90s, I'll take a chance on them in most cases, but as I've been using eBay as a buyer and seller for over 20 years I've grown to be wary of some buyers/sellers who don't have good reports, I always check the feedback before I use anyone, if they have a lot of negatives, I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot bargepole.

How about you guys?

Do you buy or sell stuff on eBay from buyers/sellers that have less than 100% positive feedback? 8 votes

Yes
62%
easywoodbineOverlyAnxiousCher_Alumni[Deleted User] 5 votes
No
12%
Ross_Alumni 1 vote
I don't buy or sell on eBay to begin with
12%
janer1967 1 vote
Other comment (keep clean)
12%
chiarieds 1 vote

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes
    @MrAllen1976 I'm quite the same.  I go as low as 95% before I think nah, I'm not buying from them.  I like to see lots of positive reviews to reassure me! 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2020
    Other comment (keep clean)
    Very occasionally I would buy from someone that has 99+% feedback; it would depend on the value of the item. We used to sell books on ebay, with over 3500 feedback of 100%. Over the years we got 2 negative feedback, which ebay removed when asked, as they could see it wasn't warranted.....bearing that in mind, I do tend to go for UK based, & with very good feedback indeed.
    We mainly sold our books with an auction, but offered a return (in the UK) if a customer wasn't completely happy, which we didn't have to do. This only happened once....a customer bought 2 first edition books, but as one had cream-coloured pages (as it was printed, & it was a brand new book), he wasn't happy, so we paid for his return postage, & the cost of the book.
  • [Deleted User]
    Yes
    @MrAllen1976 I'm quite the same.  I go as low as 95% before I think nah, I'm not buying from them.  I like to see lots of positive reviews to reassure me! 
    Sometimes a seller gets negative for stuff that's beyond their control, such as an item going "walkies" in the post, that's not good as it's something they can't help.

I've seen a lot of negatives on fancy dress and cosplay related sales though for stuff they can help like wrong sizes being sent etc.

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes
    I have never sold anything on ebay (or anywhere) but I have been buying on ebay this year and pay little attention to feedback, I never give feedback and don't believe either the good or bad.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2020
    I don’t mind if someone has the odd one or two bad feedbacks because there will always be people leaving malicious reviews or people with unreasonable expectations leaving bad reviews because their expectations were not met. 

Also somebody could have negative feedback for something that is not their fault. I have only sold a dozen or so items on eBay but I only have 4/5 stars for the “speed” of getting my items out to buyers because it could take me a day or two to send an item out as due to my issues I have to wait until somebody can come with me to the post office.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes
    Most of us can't leave negative feedback so I don't see the point.  The positives are often pre-written and just copied over and over.  And a lot of people will have positives as a buyer, but nothing as a seller, and it'll still show as 100% fedback.

Just checked mine, I'm at 100% with just under 500 feedbacks.  I rarely use ebay now though.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't buy or sell on eBay to begin with
    I dont use it anymore as no matter what I did changing account details and everything whenever I bought anything my ex got a notification
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    No
    Has to be 97% minimum, that's the definitive number for me
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Yes
    A while back I bought a Star Trek TNG red command uniform, like Captain Picard, the seller sent what was obviously a small or medium size, I ordered an extra large because I'm quite er, porky for my age, obviously it didn't fit but the seller was a bit funny about me sending it back for a full refund, so I gave them negative feedback, they tried to get me to retract it but I don't know how.

Anyway they did eventually send a new Star Trek top out that fits me.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.