PIP experience - lies in reports - ask for a recorded assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP experience - lies in reports - ask for a recorded assessment

katy2127
katy2127 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
ask for a recorded assesment my neice did this as when she had her first assesment  she explained the difficultys she has  the lady told her not to stand as she could see she was struggeling when the reort came in she said she could walk unaided  etc it was a pack of lies she took advice and was told to ask for a recorded interview which she did and was then awarded her benifit 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi katy and welcome
    So glad that your daughter now has the award she deserves and thank you for sharing your experience
    Please let us know if we can help you with anything

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @katy2127 welcome to the community, thank you for sharing your experience.  Its a good tip! Take a look through the PIP category to read others experiences.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • carolcoo
    carolcoo Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I feel very lucky compared to other posts. I went for my assessment and the fella was great . I answered all his questions and was awarded pip . I'm sorry you have had such a horrendous experience. I think you should ask for a recorded interview then nobody can write lies about you . And shame on the person who gave a false report . Apply for a stairs lift so you have access to the kitchen and garden . I do hope your more successful with your appeal 
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    edited August 2017
    @katy2127 I have reported the lies on my assessment report to ICO. They regulate the Data Protection Act. In the case of the assessment, the assessor is the Data Processor and we are the Data Subject. DWP are the Data Controller. Anyone can take their case to ICO as the law protects us from any organization  writing, keeping on record or using, as in the award decision, incorrect data about us. If I win the case ATOS and DWP will have 21days to delete any information that I can prove is false. There are some clauses that may be used by ATOS/DWP to argue their side but it doesn't include the use of false info. This is something of an experiment to see how far I can go with this. I am also communicating with HCPC the governing body for my assessor's profession of Paramedic. ICE are carrying on an investigation of a complaint that has been through a 5 month process at ATOS who have denied any wrong doing. ICE will take a long time as they are snowed under with complaints. No surprise there!There should be no need to record assessments but if you do you have amazing proof that what was written did not reflect what was said and done during the assessment. I get so annoyed when I hear of cases where genuine claimants are turned down and will continue to fight my own corner with a view to helping others.  
  • cathie
    cathie Community member Posts: 143 Courageous
    It amazed  me to get  atos as an independent   body after my last complaint  was about the lies that assessments  officer told how is this being allowed  but what's tsking place this time is beyond belive. . I didn't even read the form  before signing as felt so unwell and believed it was all recorded  the terrible man on the phone was saying I had ville out the form my self the writing was the same as the other form again I only put my signed name officers  done the filling out after calming down I thought two totally different people filled out those forms how would it ever be possible for them to be the exact same I have a witness  to prove I only signed  not filled foul play even more sus now  what on earth is tsking place here ..He was not aware I had recorded the interview  asked if the staff were made aware of this .I said I will be coming with a solicitor   he then made claims I was aggressive   but no longer wished to talk to me  or shout at me I should say .. as said thank god I didn't attend he scared me enough on a phone  and the form says you will be treated with up most respect  really ...  If this is respect  I'd hate to see there burtal  I thought that was bad enough .. how's the law allowing this to go one   scare people into giving up I sure as hell  didn't wish to persist  with it after that why should I put my self through this but now I'm angry how dare they ....
    Only me .. cathie..

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.