Help with Benefits — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with Benefits

Jubes
Jubes Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hi 
I have be diagnosed with primary biliary cirrhosis and can't work due to the affects of the illness 
I'm in so much pain and have chronic fatigue 
but I have not been awarded PIP 
is there any help I can get 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP is a benefit that is based on functionality rather than medical condition. If you are having trouble with everyday tasks such as washing, dressing and cooking then PIP may be applicable
    You say that you have not been awarded PIP.
    When did you receive the decision ?
    Have you challenged it at MR?
    Did you appeal to the tribunal ?

Can you give us a little more info so that we can point you in the right direction ?

We are here to listen, help and support in anyway we can, so please let us know if you need further help

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    JubesJubes,

As CR says, to give you the best support we'd need to know a little bit more about the situation. When did you get the decision about PIP, and have you asked for a mandatory reconsideration? You can check what points you should have scored using the self-test.

As CR says, PIP looks at problems with everyday living and getting around. That means that sometimes, people who can't work due to their condition don't qualify for PIP. However, given what you say about pain and fatigue I would expect some of the activities in PIP to be difficult for you.

Do let us know a bit more about where you are up to with your PIP claim and I'm sure many people on the forum will have some ideas and support for you, and my colleagues can advise you further too.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.