extreme difficulty getting around, cannot hold a kettle or do everyday things — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

extreme difficulty getting around, cannot hold a kettle or do everyday things

babsie
babsie Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I have CFS and Fibromyalgia. I'm 65yrs old.
I have extreme difficulty getting around, cannot hold a kettle or do everyday things. I've tried everything my GP has suggested to no avail.
I've tried diets, graded exercise CBT and counselling.
i can't change what's happened so I just do my best

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @babsie

A very good afternoon to you & welcome to our online community.

Please please have a good look around  our website.

We have got a very active online community which is well worth investigating.

You will be able to "meet & great" other members in similar situations as yourself.

Please let me know if I can help you further ???

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @babsie welcome to the community, I have moved your post to the Ask a disability trainer category where @simonsable may be able to offer you some support and information that could help :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • simonsable
    simonsable Community member Posts: 75 Connected
    Hi @babsie Do you have anyone to help you with any daily tasks like housework? Fibromyalgia Iis classed a disability so you should be able to get PIP.
  • babsie
    Hi yes my husband has retired and does all the daily things. I do get the high rate DLA it was indefinitely but I dread it being changed for the PIP. So many people are turned down for it. If I lose the car I'll be unable to get out. My husband drives it. 
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Have you tried a hot water dispenser instead of a kettle? I can't use a kettle safely and the hearing and sight centre suggested that a safer way of using a kettle could be a hot water dispenser instead. I think mine cost me about £60 on Amazon.
  • simonsable
    simonsable Community member Posts: 75 Connected
    Is your doctor helpful could they write the assessor a letter stating your car you independence and helps your wellbeing?

• babsie
    My GP is ok. I tend not to go to a Dr because everything is put down to ME, Fibromyalgia and there is no magic cure. I have had ME for 15 yr after shingles and a Fibromyalgia for about 6. 
    I was a nurse and fully expected to work to retirement age, in my case 60. Instead I had to give up at 55. The biggest regret ever.
    I will ask my GP for help when asked to go for a PIP meeting. 

Brightness