Benefits changed after assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benefits changed after assessment

Tear
Tear Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Had my assessment in June got letter yesterday to say l am now on standard mobility and not higher rate have been on for years and it says they are not paying living allowance from May!!! I think that means they are not paying me next week when DLA was due even though standard rate doesn't start for a few weeks, looks like l am paying back what they have already paid!!! Hope l am wrong, Will send mandatory letter and then appeal to see what happens!!!

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    hello Tear and welcome

Sorry to hear your result, MR's seldom overturn a decision but it can happen. Tribunals have a much greater success.
    Perhaps one of the advisors here can shed some light on your payment schedule

Please let us know if we can be of any help

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tear

Welcome to the group & online community.

I'm so sorry to hear your bad news with your "PIP"

You will find many many people in the same situation as you.

Some have already been through the appeal process which will really good for you.

We also have many many in the same boat or should I say "SHIP"

Please have a good look on our "Online Community" where you can "meet & great"  where you will meet other members.

Please let me know if I can help you further with this ???
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tear,

So sorry to hear this, hearing of that outcome must have been incredibly frustrating for you. 

There's some further information on the PIP appeal process here, which you might find useful: https://blog.scope.org.uk/2017/06/20/how-to-appeal-a-personal-independence-payment-pip-benefit-decision/.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @Tear

Disability Rights website have a good guide to appealing PIP, and their Benefits Handbook is even better.  However, you do have to buy the latter.  Disability Rights PIP appeal guide and Handbook were two of the sources I used to make my PIP appeal.  Other advice came from Scope's Ask a benefits advisor category and other Scope forums.  Tribunal increased my award from standard both components to enhanced both components.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.