i have just started to receive pip, what happens now? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

i have just started to receive pip, what happens now?

lynnep
lynnep Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
i have just started to receive pip, what happens now do I need to notify any one of this i.e. child tax credits.
is there anything else I should be claiming .
would my 3 yr old son ( currently in nursery)  be entitled to the 30hrs free school

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @lynnep

I suggest you re-post in Ask a benefits advisor category.
  • lynnep
    I have done not heardrum anything back uet
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi @lynnep,

I'm moved your post to the benefits advisor category.

Not the answer to your question - but this post from Debbie is a little old now but contains a great list of other things that you may be able to get now that you have pip.

From my own research about the 30 hours of free childcare - it doesn't mention PIP. Your eligible if you and your partner are working and earning at least £120 a week. Or you might be eligible if you receive Carer's Allowance, ESA, Incapacity Benefit, or Disablement Benefit - no mention of PIP. However I'm sure our advisors will know better. 
  • lynnep
    Ok thank you pip is a disability benefit
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi lynnep,

In terms of anything else you should be claiming we would need to know what other benefits or income you receive and whether you have a partner who lives with you, and if so, what their income is as well before we can advise on any possible entitlement to other benefits as most benefits are means-tested apart from disability benefits.
    As Child Tax Credit is paid for your children and their requirements there is nothing or lose by informing the Tax Credit Office about your PIP award, unless you are working and claiming Working Tax Credit. If you are receiving any means-tested benefits you should notify them of your PIP as you may be entitled to additional premiums on them depending on the make up of your household.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    *there is nothing to lose or gain* I should have said above - sorry I don't know how to edit posts yet on here!
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.