Compliance officer — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Compliance officer

loula62
loula62 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I've been on eesa for 4 years now I've had a letter regards a phone call with a compliance telephone interview ??? What is this   .

Comments

• Blue Frog
    Blue Frog Community member Posts: 358 Pioneering
    I think it's just a random check - my brother had one a few years ago.  

She was very nice, and said she was checking he was getting everything he needed. She looked at all his bank statements etc, so to be honest I think they were checking for fraud, presumably at random as we have never done anything wrong!! - she said everything was great and we never saw her again.  So try not to worry (We were absolutely terrified!!!) 
  • loula62
    loula62 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thankyou wasn't sure if I'd done something wrong, I added my husband to my esa after he had a nasty accident back in May, he went back to work Sept 4, I notified them the same day, and he has come off my claim now x
  • happys
    happys Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Dear Loula62.
    When your husband had his car crash did he get compo over £6000,if he did then they know,i had a letter last week from compliance officer and had the telephone interview cause i got some compo and didnt tell so just tell the truth.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2017
    loula62 said:
    I've been on eesa for 4 years now I've had a letter regards a phone call with a compliance telephone interview ??? What is this   .

A complience interview means they're checking on you because something could be wrong. You say your husband went back to work and you removed him from your claim, do you claim Income Related ESA or Contribution based? If it's Income related then your husband working will affect you ESA money, if it's Contribution Based then it wont. Do you have savings over £6,000? this also affects it. If you're claiming Housing benefit and your husbands returned to work then you need to notify your local council as well. ANY changes MUST always be reported.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • happys
    happys Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    yes thats correct they are checking on you because something is wrong they will all ready have the information to hand,so make sure you do not hide anything,also they can check your bank accounts,so just be truthful, the worse thing is a fine of £50 plus payback any over payments.
  • foxuk
    foxuk Community member Posts: 103 Pioneering
    I had a DLA check three years ago and was terrified of the telephone interview.

The weird thing was I had my DLA increased.

The checking system does have some workers who are decent.

Now I'm going through the DLA to PIP chaos with Capita. It already seems full of tricks to avoid paying benefits to which I am entitled..... Higher Rate DLA for mobility given instructions to 'walk 0.8 Mile' on the directions to the 'interview' kind of says it all.....

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.