PIP - no points — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP - no points

ali1234
ali1234 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had my pip reassessment in July , I have left temporal lobe epilepsy and hippocampal sclerosis , I have waited 11 weeks for a result my mp speeded it up I had a copy of my assessment I got 37 points 13 for daily living and 24 for mobility but dwp has decided that I should recieve no points I am awaiting the letter my pip has now stopped  I am absolutely disgusted I have an appointment with cab on 12th October however I will be telephoning and asking for a mandatory reconsideration I have given them medical letters I am awaiting further medical work up for brain surgery so have to go to London for further testing I go no where myself I work part time as a nurse and use my money for travel I am absolutely disgusted

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @ali1234 and welcome to the community.

Unfortunately if you look around your story is not unusual. It does look like you will need to take this to tribunal.

The other other thing which comes to mind, as you have already involved your MP write back thanking them for their support, and mention to them what is going on.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi@ali1234

I'm very sorry to hear about your current situation !!!!!

I will pass your post onto are expert benefit advisors.

I do hope that this is hepfull for you ?????

Hi @BenefitsTrainingCo

I'm very very sorry but can you please help me with another post ????

Many thanks.

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    As you have the assessment report it would be worth while asking for a call back from the DM to explaing the decision.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Nasmamu
    Nasmamu Community member Posts: 45 Connected
    Hi 
    What reason have they given for not awarding pip? 37 points to zero is one hell of a drop. You dont normally hear about DM's going against the Assesors.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    I agree that's a massive drop and it's rare for the DM to go against the report. I would ask for a call from the DM and ask their reasons for the zero points. Most MR decisions remain the same BUT in this case i'm hoping for you it's different and the decision will change. Good luck!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.