How long do I wait for ESA assessment result? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long do I wait for ESA assessment result?

madmax
madmax Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I just wondering I been on ESA basic rates ESA since 5 July went for ESA face to face assessment on 9 Aug still have not heard outcome of this and it been 8 weeks just got asked to send a sick note as my other ran out do you know how long I have to wait to found out if I going to be put in a group and if so will I get back dated money please help if you can as am getting stress waiting thanks

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi madmax and welcome

ESA decisions can take 12 weeks. You could rimg the DWP for an update

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • madmax
    madmax Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Ok thanks I will wait a bit longer and see what happens if nothing will call have a great evening
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @madmax

Good mourning to you & a very big welcome.

I do hope you are having a good start to the day.

We have got a large amount on benefits on our home page. 

Here's the link for you: 

https://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/benefits/pip

We also have a "Benefit Advisory Svs"

https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-a-benefits-advisor
  • gerrys6
    gerrys6 Community member Posts: 171 Courageous
    I’m still waiting to hear if I’m still on it and it’s only been 2 weeks since face to face but the waiting is making me more ill.
  • jacko190
    jacko190 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I applied to new circumstances as I was previously on Esa contribution based so I was told by benefit line to complete new form as due to change in m circumstances I should be in receipt of Income based I applied 7 July this year and still no decision has been made also my circumstances changed the 7 Nov 2016 so if I receive it am I entitled to back pay
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You are normally expected to report a CoC within a month. The condition that caused your CoC should have lasted for 3 months and expected to last at least a further 9 months.
    Benefits are not normally backdated for more than 3 months for these reasons.

You may be able to argue a back dated award to 3 months before you applied in July, if you can prove that the above applied, but not all the way back to Nov 2016.
    It can be complicated and trained advice from CAB or similar might be needed to make the arguement.
    As this is a change to income related there may also be other benefits that come into play depending on your circumstances 

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.