ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA

Meesha
Meesha Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Having previously had my esa (support group) stopped for rearranging one medical appointment and was too ill to attend the newly given one yet phoned prior to let them know my reason for not being able to attend, they said theyd send me a form to fill in, which I never received! My esa was stopped, I rang them and they said I hadn't filled out form, pretty impossible really to fill out a form I haven't got (!) This was in February this year. 
I immediately went through the lengthy appeal process to be allowed to have a medical. Welfare rights have been with me through it all. 
Tribunal was last Wednesday (4/10/17) in front of an independent judge. Great news, I WON. 
However this was short lived as I went to jobcentre the next day (my usual signing on day) my job advisor made a couple of calls, one of which was to the esa, whom gave him a number for me to ring to close my jsa claim for my esa claim to automatically reopen. Which I did and then was diverted to a new claim for esa department (?) after holding for 74 minutes to be put through I was told to ring yet another number to reinstate my existing esa claim. 
Today I did that and to my astonishment I'm told I can't claim esa after all and to reapply for jsa as they have decided to appeal the decision. I'm in total disbelief this whole process is playing havoc with my mental health. 
I am also awaiting my pip tribunal that was abruptly stopped in January (4/1/17) and I was on highest rate but received zero points at my medical assessment as the so called health assessor lied and I have two professionals as witnesses to support this, the tribunal is 8th December 2017. I don't feel mentally able to fight for my rights and entitlements anymore. It's causing me to self harm as it's the only way I feel in control. Please help. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Meesha and welcome

So sorry you are having these problems at the moment.
    Can you phone the Scope help line in the morning for some one to one help ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    edited October 2017
    Hi Messha,

Welcome to the community. It sounds like you're going through a really tough time. As a community we'll do everything we can to help you with your situation, and as @CockneyRebel says our helpline will be open in the morning.

Your comments about self-harm worry me - it's important that if you're self-harming that you find appropriate support. MIND has a guide with a few things to try that might help. It can also help to talk to someone such as the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

Please take care, and I hope you get the support you need.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2017
    Hi @meesha

A very big welcome I'm very sorry to hear about you current problems/difficulty's !!!!!!!

You have come to the right place for "Support" please let me know if I can help on anyway ?????

We have got "Benefit Advisors" on our website.

I will forward your post onto them for there help & assistance.

Hi @BenefitsTrainingCo

Can you please help me with this desperate post ????

Many thanks.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.