Cp at 53 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cp at 53

neece
neece Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2017 in Cerebral palsy
My bro Daryn has CP and is 53 now-and full of life and fun.Anyone on here find that facilities and help gets cut dramatically when children become adults? 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @neece

Welcome to our website & community.

Yes it seems to be the way off the world unfortantly.

Please please have a good look around.

Please let me know if I can help you further ????
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @neece welcome to the community, I have moved your post to the CP category so you can chat with others about these issues
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • BeccyJ
    BeccyJ Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    edited October 2017
    Hi @neece.

As @steve51 says, it is the way of the world - it seems to be a worldwide problem, but only if you have CP.  
  • BeccyJ
    BeccyJ Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    edited October 2017
    I know of plenty of people who had conditions from childhood and who go on to be transferred to adult services, but this is not available for people with CP

A lot of the problems faced by disabled people are, as @steve51 says, the way of the world.  That’s why organisations like Scope  are supposed to campaign to get them changed.

@emmaliv and I both have CP and are both incredibly frustrated by the non existent services

@emmaliv has been very active trying to change this.  We have tried to get Scope on board but it doesn’t fit with their social agenda.  Emma’s post of 1 Oct is the most up to date and links to her petition.  If you can support us in any way, it’d be great!

https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/33360/better-care-for-adults-with-cp

Brightness