PIP assessment for child with ADHD ODD and dyslexia — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment for child with ADHD ODD and dyslexia

tinapowell97
tinapowell97 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited October 2017 in Autism and neurodiversity
I’m just waiting for my grandson Pip assessment, but reading how many children have been refused absolutely terrifies me as this helps us with all aspects of my grandson well being he has ADHD, ODD, Dyslexia and has just been referred for an Autism assessment. Why and how can they say for 11yrs if their lives they’re entitled to disability and now they’ve hit 16 their not it disgusting.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2017
    Hi @tinapowell97

Good afternoon and a very big welcome to the team.

I'm very sorry to read your post & current situation.

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tinapowell97, how are you doing? Let us know if there's anything we can help you and your grandson out with, and hope today is being kind to you!
  • tinapowell97
    Hi,
    We had PIP interview yesterday,  they didn’t seem interested in Kenan’s diary sheets, or photos to show how my daughter finds Kenan’s bedroom after walkabouts most of the night, they seemed more interested in whether Kenan could use his arms and legs, I’ve never claimed that he couldn’t. Unfortunately several of the questions Kenan was asked was answered by a young man who didn’t have a clue about the real meaning of the question. He kept asking the interviewer what do you mean, I don’t understand. So I haven’t got a clue how it went. I was just quite annoyed that I had taken the time to show evidence on our daily life with Kenan, only to be told that none of it really mattered. Thankyou for keeping in contact. Will keep you up to date. With any decisions. Thankyou TIna 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Im sorry to hear that they didnt have a good experience @tinapowell97 - do let us know the decisions and if they need any support with appeals, do let us know and we can offer lots of information. Fingers crossed!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • tinapowell97
    Thankyou so much, it helps knowing that we haven’t got to face this alone 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    edited October 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Brightness