SSP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SSP

Options
andrear52
andrear52 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi i went sick on june 2 this year with a work related injury i had normal pay in june and a reduced pay in july bt no pay in august and the day after payday my employer sent a ssp1 form saying they could not pay me ssp from 2 june. Julys pay was an overpayment which they want back. I have been waiting for esa since august finally had £73.10 yesterday but have sent whether i can have tge back money to a decision maker i do not understand why. I have had no income for myself and my son since july i have lived on charity and food banks and now £350 in rent arrears and being evicted 5 days before xmas. Any help/ advice would be great. Thank you 

Comments

• janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Options
    This must be such a very hard time for you and your child I really do feel for you & how you have managed 

I am sorry that I am unable to advise but I sincerely hope things work out soon & you get back pay you're entitled to & housing benefit to resolve your rent arrears too and can remain in your home especially at Christmas 

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi andrea and welcome

So sorry that you are going through this

You really need trained advice now either from CAB or firstly if you can, ring the Scope help line above.

Please let us know if we can help in any way

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Andrea,

Sorry to hear what you're going through.

@Debbie_Scope are you able to advise Andrea?

Brightness