"Why I secretly taped my disability assessment" — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

"Why I secretly taped my disability assessment"

Alex
Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
Interesting news story given some of the recent conversations here about recording assessments: Why I secretly taped my disability assessment

In this case he was fortunate that the judge let him use his recording (and he went on to win his case).

Comments

• Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    I'm beginning to wish I'd done this now. But am I correct in thinking I wouldn't have been able to use it as evidence at my reconsideration?
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Nystagmite as the article made clear the decision to allow the recording was unusual, and it is not usually allowed.

I am more interested in the trialling of recording these interviews unless the claimant doesn't want it recorded, and the impact this has on claims. Including a potential rise in new claims where people have not been rewarded PIP due to the lies of assessors. Hopefully after the trial it is not quietly dropped.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.