OLD PHOTOGRAPHS.? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

OLD PHOTOGRAPHS.?

Options
lavender
lavender Community member Posts: 29 Connected
edited October 2017 in Coffee lounge
We all have them tucked away,feeling down and awful weather i happened upon some,PLEASE tell me after looking at your memories,how do you feel ?

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I love photographs, I have a lot of images on my computer but nothing beats a real photo.  I have lots of albums and lots framed on my walls.  Sometimes looking at my memories makes me happy, sometimes sad when I see people no longer with us or those who live far away.

It's nice to look through and remember the good times, to laugh and share with my kids. Sometimes it is bittersweet looking at photos of the kids as babies and remembering special times, feeling a bit sad thinking about how quickly they grow up as well as being happy at who they are growing into.

How do you feel when you look at your photographs?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • lavender
    Options
    Sam as they used to say on T.V?
     Youv'e Named That Tune In One. !!
    Bless you for sharing..x
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Do you have a favourite photograph? We had some professional ones done recently and there is one where we are all being a bit daft and doing a silly walk which I love.  But there is another when my kids are 6 months, 2 1/2 and 5 and they're all sat on a red sofa, it's not a polished pic, my daughter has muddy knees and my little one is slipping sideways but it is probably one of my favourite ones of my kids and always makes me smile.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • lavender
    Options
    We seem to share the same sense of humour?
    I love secretly,improtue photo's,far more fun than contrived "people standing waiting to be shot pictures".
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't have any old photos. We lost them all in a fire 11 years ago. most possessions can be replaced but not your treasured photos

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • lavender
    Options
    C.R...aka..; Steve Harley..; By replying you show the importance.?
    I am truly sorry for the loss of your memories
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Fortunately we made a lot of memories before the event and I am fortunate enough to still be able to share them with my beloved

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Salamka101
    Salamka101 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Options
     My oldest photos are of me aged 13 in Windsor Castle waiting to be presented to the Queen having been selected as a role model for disabled Scouting to represent North Yorkshire.Sadly Her Majesty had a cold so I had to make do with Lord Rowallen (the Chief Scout) and Viscount Slim of Burma instead. Just 6 weeks later I was elected again to meet and greet the Queen at a Jamboree in Yorkshire. This time her previous engagements overran and she failed to turn up. Still, I doubt many people can claim to have been stood up twice by the Queen.

Brightness