Help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help

Options
hanaban
hanaban Community member Posts: 9 Listener
I’m so pleased I’m able to get some help. I thought I might share some of my feelings because I find it difficult sometimes to tell people. Sometimes I feel like I’m just trapped I want to be free want to do things. We have to trace everywhere. There’s no bus no taxi and without Mum I couldn’t do anything. I have more time than my parents and I often feel lonely. I want to be able to get about more but I don’t see how. My family are going their own ways and I very rarely see or hear from anyone. No one understand how I feel. I’ve made some good friends when I was sailing but they are a long way and Mum says things like it’s the journey. 4 journeys and I want time for myself. I wish to see them more. They keep in touch a lot more than my family. It just feels like I’m a prisoner here. I know I do get out but only when Mum or Dad is prepared to take me. I want my life and I can’t see anything in front of me other than being with Mum and Dad and going around looking for something to do with myself.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this with us, @hanaban. I can imagine how frustrating it must be to have to rely on your parents to get around: when my own condition was at its worst, I was in a similar situation. 

I hope being a part of this community and finding others who may be in similar positions offers some comfort for you, and you might like to find people to chat with in the Coffee lounge. And do remember, you're always welcome to share your feelings with us here!

Brightness