Are payments stopped if you appeal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are payments stopped if you appeal?

charlie2017
charlie2017 Community member Posts: 24 Listener
hello everyone I am wondering if anyone knows if you're awarded pip at the standard rate only and want to ask for an mr and then appeal so they stop your current payment while they do this ? Thanks in advance 

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @charlie2017

Your current award will continue while you appeal.  MR could either increase your award, keep it the same. reduce it, or remove it altogether.  A tribunal could do the same.  Be sure that your current award is safe before you appeal.
  • charlie2017
    Hi Matilda I've requested a copy of the assessment five weeks ago and still haven't had it so I rang them and they haven't even posted it out yet but I can't argue my case until I know what's been written but I'm sure I should have got more points 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you requested an MR ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • charlie2017
    No but they said on the phone they will send the copy of the report straight out and I should get it by next week so if I'm not happpy with it to ring them straight away and request one 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    what is the date of your decision letter ?
    Generally you only have a month to request your MR without good cause for a late request

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • charlie2017
    11th October. I only just received it so he said to ringthem by 11th November which is fine if I get the report next week as he says 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.