My mandatory letter was denied.. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My mandatory letter was denied..

Limesauce
Limesauce Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I'm a long term sufferer of depression and anxiety, like a lot of people here, but... I've reached a point where I don't really exhibit symptoms after years of living with it... Just a long string of coping mechanisms that make me seem okay..
Well, on my meeting with PIP.. They came to my home, I  had stayed awake the whole night before and I just.. Answered the questions, trying to keep myself together.. I don't exactly blame the person for judging me as "okay".. and there's mixed comments in my appeal and original claim, I'm sort of swinging between eating disorders and every day is a different kind of fog. Doctors told me medication isn't doing much and if anything it makes the fog worse.
I don't know what to do, because if I make a tribunal.. ah, I don't know.
I can't even read the whole rejection letter, it's a lot of "you displayed no agitation or nervousness" and I just don't think she knows what that looks like. Maybe it was one of my better days..

Is there somewhere I can go? For help with the tribunal letter I mean.. I've been doing this on my own this entire time and maybe I'm just.. too honest? or..  I don't know.
I don't do anything on my own, I don't leave the house, I either eat too much or eat nothing at all, if I go shopping I buy too much and throw it away because I feel guilty.
I think my meeting ruined my claim.. just because I "look" okay and don't let it show

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this, I'm desperate for this to work, is all..

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @Limesauce

Phone the Scope helpline who might know of face to face help in your area.
  • Limesauce
    I've done that now, thanks. but did it by email, I haven't spoken to anyone in over a month so I doubt it'd go well..
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You may find this usefull

http://www.advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Limesauce, I'm glad you've spoken to somebody on the helpline and I really hope this was helpful for you.

How are you doing? Is there anything further we can assist you with? I hope today is as kind as possible to you.
  • Limesauce
    I don't know if I reached out to the right email
    I don't know what to do, I really just need someone to tell me what I should do or do it for me, this appeal is my last chance, right? I tried using the pip tool for my mandatory letter, but it seems like it didnt matter, the face to face meeting is what the decision is all based on, and since I wasn't exactly showing myself at my worst I guess it's ruined..

I'm still in contact with a secondary mental health services worker, but not in a treatment capacity, he checks on me every month or so to see how I'm doing, do you think he might be able to help me with this?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi

Often the MR does not change anything so you are not alone there.
    Have you tried the CAB, they might be able to help with your appeal ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2017
    Just to clarify for you @Limesauce, the helpline email address is helpline@scope.org.uk.

Is this the one you used? If not, they might be able to provide you with advice on what your next step should be.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.