Re Esa face to face — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Re Esa face to face

gerrys6
gerrys6 Community member Posts: 171 Courageous
it’s been four weeks now since my face to face assessment and I’ve not heard if I’m keeping my money or not (I’ve still been getting the fortnightly payments) but the not knowing if it ll suddenly stop is really depressing me further I’m scared to ring them in case I alert them to the fact that I’m waiting anyone know roughly how long it takes any advice on ringing them is welcome what would you do? 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    The only way to know is to ring them, better to be prepared than face a shock.
    In some areas the waiting time is up to 16 weeks

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • gerrys6
    gerrys6 Community member Posts: 171 Courageous
    I don’t mind waiting whilst I’m still getting it but it’s the wondering if it ll just stop like last year and I had to sign on and appeal and got it bk on appeal I think it was almost immediately that it stopped last year which is why I’m getting more stressed now at least I was aware last year but they stopped it without me having received a letter first it was a horrible time 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Sometimes it is a good idea not to poke the sleeping bear :)
    They send letters by second class post and by the time it get actioned it is often 10 days before you receive it. But they inform other departments electronically so that they can action the decision immediately, hence the sudden stopping before you get the letter

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gerrys6, I've moved this discussion to the Ask A Benefits Advisor category as they may be better placed to advise you on the best course of action!
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi gerrys6,

It's difficult to answer really. The only way you will find out for sure what's happening is if you phone them.
    Waiting times for a decision can range from 4-12 weeks I would say in my experience. You would think if they wanted you off the benefit their decision would come sooner rather than later. I don't think phoning them will prompt them into action, they'll know your decision is outstanding and you'll get it when it's ready is all I would say. But, however long it takes, if it stops it'll stop suddenly whether you wait a while or not. Fingers crossed for you!

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.