Looking for people to interview for a documentary — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking for people to interview for a documentary

Options
Richard95
Richard95 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited October 2017 in Research and opportunities

My name is Richard Smith. I am a 3rd year Media Production student at Coventry University. I am 21 and have a mild form of Autism.  Up until last year I calimed what was called then Disabled Living Allowance (DLA), however when it was changed to Personal Independence Payment (PIP) I got reasseased and unfortunately I lost of my benefits, despite going to a tribunal this year to get it back, the decision wasn’t reversed. The reason for appealing was because I felt the assessment didn’t covered all my difficulties nor did I feel they were taken into account. 

I am currently developing a documentary about the PIP assessment process and the effects that losing it has on peoples lives. and I am looking for people to interview who like me have had their PIP application denied. I understand that I am asking a lot of anyone who would be interviewed as they would be talking about a rather difficult and sensitive time in their lives. I can promise I will treat you with the upper most discretion and be 100% transparent with you all the way. I’m not doing this documentary just because its a university project, I’m doing this because its an issue I'm personally affected by and I think it deserve’s to be highlighted.

If you do agree to participate in the documentary then the first step would either organizing a face to face meet up or then telephone call so we can discuss what I would need in detail and the logistics of setting up the interview. 

Production starts in late January exact dates to be confirmed but I would need a response by mid December so we arrange things. Anyone who would consider taking part can contact me on my account here. 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Richard95

A very big welcome to our online community/website.

Sorry but I have not had the pleasure off switching from dla to pip.

I have though been reading the fall out from the experence's from many many members on our site.

I'm trying too get a full picture off events & I would very like to be kept up to speed please ?????

Many thanks

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.