Hi, my name is Juanita007! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Juanita007!

Juanita007
Juanita007 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
I am appalled by how many people have had an unsatisfactory experience when attending medical assessments. I am also one of those. The person I had was rude and kept on looking up at a clock on the wall throughout it. She asked me closed questions, lied on her report. I was unaware I could ask to see what was written. Too late now. Tribunal it is.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Juanita and welcome

Alas your story is all to familiar
    Is there any help we can give you ?
    There is plenty info about appeals both on here and the CAB site

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Juanita007 and welcome to the community.

Totally agree with you. We are here if you need help or support.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Juanita007
    Juanita007 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    I have been doing so much research you would not believe it. Such a pity I did not know I was entitled to see what she had written about me on that report of hers. Some downright lies. I told her I eat a variety bag of crisps as a meal instead of cooking/preparing anything. She wrote that I ‘eat crisps as a snack in between meals’. I said NO SUCH THING! My friend was by my side throughout the assessment yet was never invited to speak. Very poor. I have put in an official complaint about her at the actual assessment centre and it has been acknowledged by way of a written response.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear about your assessment experience @Juanita007, and as you say, this kind of thing seems all too common.

Do keep us updated with the process of your original complaint!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.