Any experience with a paper appeal please? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any experience with a paper appeal please?

loopyt
loopyt Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
I wonder if anyone has made an appeal using paper evidence instead of attending and would please share their experience. I have chosen a paper hearing as it would be difficult for me to take part but am so worried this will go against me?

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @loopyt

Oral hearings are far more likely to result in an appeal being allowed.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Tribunals really do want to see you, but this is not always an option.

My wife had a paper based appeal and went from enhanced mobilty standard care to enhanced both.

It is important to reference each descriptor that you are challenging to the page and paragraph of your evidence. If you add new evidence then this to should be referenced and have your name and NI on each page,
    You have to really show the panel where the evidence is within the bundle, lead them to the appropriate parts as if they are children, make it idiot proof.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • loopyt
    loopyt Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Thankyou Matilda, I really thought they would hold it against me. Thankyou Cockney Rebel, your advice is always helpful and I will most definitely do as you have suggested. It does make perfect sense as it will save them a lot of time and highlight important points, thank you, T

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.