disability and depression — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

disability and depression

steveholl321
steveholl321 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
im steve in sheffield I'm got a disability and depression aswell which effects me with daily life 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Steve and welcome

So sorrry that your life is affected daily
    Can you tell us alittle more about yourself and any help you need ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steveholl321
    i have key Ring support with cooking and cleaning and with money aswell but i need help with my depression as i keep doing things that make people mad like i spend money which i shouldn't spend my money on and i own my friend a lot of money which he paid for my holiday which i said to my support that i pay half of the holiday but my friend payed it all which he didn't know about and i go to under the stars aswell which i haven't been going for a quite a few months now cause of my depression hope u understand of of this 

from steven holley
  • steveholl321
    and i need someone to talk to aswell to understand about how I'm feeling and I'm deaf aswell which its effects my hearing 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @steveholl321
    Welcome to the community, I am from Sheffield too.
    Have you heard of the Disability Sheffield group? They run the Disability Sheffield Information Service that provides free, confidential information to disabled people

You can contact them

By phone : on (0114) 253 6745

By e-mail : info@disabilitysheffield.org.uk

Online : on the website

They may be able to offer you some support around managing your finances and some general support.  There are a lot of great groups in Sheffield who may be able to help and Disability Sheffield can signpost you to these.

Under the Stars is a brilliant group, I have been to a couple of their events. I know it can be difficult to motivate yourself to get out and about when depression is an issue, could you get in touch with them and explain how you are feeling? Maybe they could help you arrange to attend with a friend?

Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness