Calf cramps — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Calf cramps

Options
Matilda
Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
I suffered with calf cramps when lying in bed or when my legs were stretched out on the sofa.  Then I discovered that placing a pillow under my thighs and knees takes the pressure off my calves, so now - no calf cramps!  The pillow must not be placed lower down than the knees or the pressure will not be taken off the calves.

Comments

• Mia_Alumni
    Mia_Alumni Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi @Matilda

Good to know. I used to get awful night-time cramps, I'd wake up in agony and then wouldn't be able to walk the next day, so I know how horrible they can be. Haven't had them in a while - phew! Glad you have found something that helps - what a relief for you!

Take care, 

Mia
    Mia
    Helpline Information Officer
    Phone: 0808 800 3333
    Email: helpline@scope.org.uk
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    I tend to get calf cramps though I believe that it is more likely nerve damage pretending to be cramp. I used to get more problems than now but when I had DLA backdated I used some of it to get an electric bed. I sleep with my legs slightly elevated and this has helped tremendously.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Brightness