Re face to face again! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Re face to face again!

gerrys6
gerrys6 Community member Posts: 171 Courageous
its 4 and a half weeks since my face to face for Esa and I’ve had no letter do they phone first does anyone know? 
Im still being paid but it’s a orecarious situation where I don’t feel at ease which is complicating my anxiety and depression I’m forever crying . I phoned on Wednesday he said it’s not been looked at yet by the decision maker who all have their own work pile to work through!
then in the post on Wednesday I received an appointment for my p I p face to face great just what I don’t need how is the two Medicaid different from each other and what part of my disability do I have to put across more to the p I p f2f. I filled in a review form in august and my p I p isn’t actually meant to run out till July 2018 I informed them in the review form that my anxiety and depression had probably gotten worse done things about mobility had stayed the same or worsened a tad and mentally I had gotten worse I never photocopied it either just filled it in because I done it myself I was probably very low in mood to have sent it without photocopying it any advice welcome 

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @gerrys6 Sorry you're having a rough time. it's not easy dealing with benefits alone when you're feeling so low. I'm no expert but basically once you have given DWP information and medical evidence regarding your condition which you've already done on your claim form you need to focus for PIP on how your disability affects you on a daily basis and what help you need. It would be useful to start preparing for your F2F by finding the PIP points system online. It's on Benefit&Works website. Go through the list and choose the one's that apply to you. Your assessor will have a standard set of questions with a few variations to try and catch you out so look out for that. I'm sure other forum members will be along to give you advice and links to useful information. If you've already had an ESA assessment you will know what to expect apart from the difference being that was to assess whether you're fit to work whereas the PIP one looks at the difficulties you have and the help you need whether you work or not..    
  • gerrys6
    @wildlife thanks for the heads up much appreciated 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Esa decisions are taking up to 16 weeks in some areas

B&W site as Matilda says
    http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

PIP assessment are usually reveiwed a year early to give them time to make a decision before your award runs out. However the new decision supercedes the old one and your new award will run from the new decision date

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • gerrys6
    @CockneyRebel thanks for the info still no news from Esa I’ll keep u updated
  • janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    The longer it is before you hear the better is what I've heard 
  • gerrys6
    I do hope you are right Janice
  • cathie
    cathie Community member Posts: 143 Courageous
    Wow I hope everything works out for you there doing this to so many of us and we are power less makes me so mad .. iv gone through so much with these tags  beginning to be a big fan off guy faults if I had enough pain  killers I'd like to try where he failed lol any way good luck .
    Only me .. cathie..

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.