ESA help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA help

sallyjane
sallyjane Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone. I got taken off ESA 3 months ago. Apparently l had 0 points. The actual face to face interview and the report l recieved back were completely different and l was having a good day on my interview but since then l have had more bad weeks  than good. The JSA has been very understanding. I've had 2 months of sick notes from my dr. I have fibromyalgia symtoms and chronic fatigue. I have also got chemical poisoning from ruptured implants but the nhs Dr does not want to acknowledge this. I'm now worried about getting sanctioned if l can't work. I'm trying to get a diagnosis but l don't think they believe me because l can look well sometimes. I have been taking photos of myself being ill so l have proof but don't know what to do anymore. 

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi @sallyjane,

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to see that your ESA stopped because you scored 0 points in the work capability assessment.

Have you requested a Mandatory Reconsideration of the decision? If you request a MR and the decision remains unchanged you will then be able to proceed to appeal at tribunal.

If you need help with an appeal your local Citizens Advice or disabled people's organisation should be able to advise you further, although it is often the case these days that people are having to challenge decisions unsupported.

I hope you've found the community a good place to find information and support from others who are going through similar challenges with their benefits.

Best wishes
    Debbie
  • craig85
    craig85 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    i no how u feel i lost mine too and they twisted everythin what we sed :(
  • lisacorrine
    lisacorrine Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi everyone My name is Lisa ive appealed the the esa decision and have received a letter telling me of the tribunal but in so nervous and my anixities are at it highest over having to go there and be around a lot of strangers in unfamiliar circumstances I suffer from depression and anxiety but DWP obviously don't agree I was on the road to recovery until they kicked me off I was attending a night class and trying to help myself by doing councilling courses I've had to drop out of this now due to my stress and worry and anxiety over losing my esa and feeling petrified that I will he chucked into getting on public transport to work this is a big fear of mine public transport sat so close with people I don't know is hard for me I struggle with social situations I'm wondering if I should even go to the tribunal but the I don't want the judges to think I don't care enough to turn up but on the other hand the panic attacks I have  been having and am likely to keep having other going is immense which is why I'm still awake worrying about it all my finances are getting on top of me has the rate of esa I'm on whilst waiting is half what I used to get as I was still on the incapacity combined income support rate so I feel like everything g is spiralling any advice would be appreciated 
  • lisacorrine
    I'm so sorry for everyone who is in this situation I don't know how our government could do this to us 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Lisa

Everyone going to tribunal feels exactlty the same as you, Tribunals are used to this and most will do all they can to put you at ease. They are independant and just want to see the truth not the DWP bias. By attending you are being brave and the panel will be able to see the struggle you have.
    Don't think of the tribunal as a court, it is just a panel of three with a judge to make sure that the DWP don't pull any legal dirty tricks. Think about your answers and don't be rushed, that way you will be able to get your case across

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • lisacorrine
    Thank you I will go and just hope they see the real me 
  • gerrys6
    gerrys6 Community member Posts: 171 Courageous
    When do u have the tribunal ? Make sure you get someone u know to go with u it could help with the anxiety take whatever medication u need to take that morning and make sure you tell the panel you ve had to take medication in order to get there just like you have to in everyday life...it’s the same as myself I can’t go anywhere unless I’ve taken all my pills terrible way to have to be but it’s who we are and you deserve to be back on the Esa to get back to feeling like you did before.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.