PIP appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP appeal

muckingfuddle
muckingfuddle Community member Posts: 3 Listener
OK where do I start I assumed that when I started my claim for PIP that they would contact relevant health professional !! I have now found out the hard way that they don't so gathered relevant info ie : health professional support worker etc and sent this for my mandatory reconsideration . Mandatory reconsideration came back  the same saying no further evidence had been submitted !! (another lesson learnt recorded delivery from now on  )I phone them and ask about what health professional they had contacted to come to there decision was told make an appeal if I was still unhappy.
PIP appeal tribunal sent off   with all supporting evidence from health professionals and support worker sent recorded delivery of course !! Have now received the DWP reply for tribunal which says they have now looked at the evidence as all up to date nothing from anyone else and that they still refuse but now for the first time get access to ATOS report  atos basically called me a liar and I felt that everything i did or didn't say was taken out of context.They have not even looked at the supporting evidence . How do I now pull up the inaccuracies of the ATOS report to the tribunal have also been able to get a copy of a docs referral letter and blood test results  that I also want to submit for tribunal is there anything else I can provide ?

Comments

• janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    I'm sure everyone will agree what you are sharing is what the majority of ppl are experiencing 

There's a new book out called 'Falling on Dead Ears' by PW Byrne with case histories and the battles ppl are going through on a regular basis 

I'm unable to advise however if it's any consolation keep going & appeal & attend the tribunal with someone who knows what it's like bc it seems to be that ppl with disabilities are expected to be unhygienic, poor appearance & unable to function on a daily basis & even then they're supposed to be able to work 

I hope things work out for you 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi muckingfuddle and welcome

Alas your is not an unfamiliar tale.

Now you have the "bundle" you have a copy of all the evidence that has been submitted so far with the exception of your new eveidence.

It is understandable that you want to react to the inaccuracies of the assessment report but doing so will not win the award you deserve at tribunal. The tribunal are an independant panel who will look at all the evidence without the bias of the DWP. All they are interested in is the truth of your case and are well used to the dirty tricks of the DWP, they are not interested in any complaint that you have with the assessor which you should deal with separately. Your job at tribunal is to show that your meet the criteria for each descriptor and deserve the award.

There is plenty of info on here about appeals, please have a look and come back with any questions

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @muckingfuddle, so sorry to hear about the all trouble you've had to go to so far. Do keep us updated and let us know how you get on at the tribunal.

Scope have some advice and videos on appealing a DWP decision that may provide you with some useful information ahead of your tribunal. You can see these here. Hope this helps and good luck!
  • muckingfuddle
    muckingfuddle Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thank you for your replies I will keep fighting as best I can after that I will use my Grandads advice of try try again if that still doesn't work be as annoying as hell

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.