FIRST STEPS — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

FIRST STEPS

thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
Hello I would like to share my day with all of you and say what has happened.  After being an alcoholic for thirty years.  I was invited to a lunch by a support group I am in.  I did not know where we eating.  I found out by my support worker it was a pub.  I did not wish to go but a fellow member was leaving and the lunch was in the pub.  I had to say to my self you can do this.  As an anxiety sufferer.  I tried to get out of this but I know how hard it is to say well lets do this.  I could feel the tension and had some nausea.  I had other people around me and felt another hurdle crossed another barrier overcome.  Having people around me made feel better but still my mind was flooding back to another time or place.  I had the sense to order a lunch and water this made concentrate on my meal and made me think I have done this.  I know I probably will not do this again but first steps in trying to move on with my mental state.  I know I will be leaving this group soon as too often I have moved on a lot.  I hope this inspires others this little tale but it can be done
Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done mate, you should feel proud of yourself

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done @thespiceman, sounds like you did brilliantly! :)
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello thank you for kind words.  I know on reflection I did well to cope but found myself wondering why I was put in a such a comprising position.  I think all of us have been their in our community having to face up to these challenges.  
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness