PIP mandatory reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP mandatory reconsideration

rainbow58
rainbow58 Community member Posts: 80 Courageous
the assessor told so many lies/assumptions/false interpretations and the DWP said the same in MR.is there anywhere i can complain about this ?

Comments

• loopyt
    loopyt Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Lots of people suffered the same, myself included. I have tried to complain to Capita who said I must contact DWP and I was told the only way to complain is via an appeal. 
  • rainbow58
    I called th eDWP to compalin abotu the asessor =they said go back to IAS-,my problem is i wnat to complain about the DWP MR decision -a sit copied the same lies told by the asessor,am at tribunal stage -btu wnat to m,ake a complaint.to DWP abotut The DWP decsion maker
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope this helps

For DWP
    https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-work-pensions/about/complaints-procedure

for Capita
    https://www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

However Complaits will not change your award. To do this you will need to appeal within a month of the date on your decision letter

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • rainbow58
    i know -i have complained to IAS re the assessors lies and my MP is involved in that.the DWP decision maker has based his decision based on the asessors lies-saying the same things-thats what i want to complain about -but dont know who too,will look at the link

thats all in progress,
  • CockneyRebel
    The DWP decision maker has no medical knowledge and therefore relies on the assessors report. They always place more importance on their own "expert" than any other medical evidence

CR
  • gh49
    gh49 Community member Posts: 44 Connected
    My assessor was from ATOS, I rang Dwp to complain about the inaccuracies and down right lies and rudeness, they gave me ATOS tel number and I have received a complaints pack from them. I will be going to appeal, however had esa assessment last week I'm hoping that their report will be an honest one so I can use this. I have 2 weeks left to appeal so hope I get something about esa soon. The DM Surely should have some medical insight, being the DM they decide on our lives, they literally tick boxes and their title is not fit for purpose, rant over. Thanks for reading ! 
  • CockneyRebel
    gh49 said:
    My assessor was from ATOS, I rang Dwp to complain about the inaccuracies and down right lies and rudeness, they gave me ATOS tel number and I have received a complaints pack from them. I will be going to appeal, however had esa assessment last week I'm hoping that their report will be an honest one so I can use this. I have 2 weeks left to appeal so hope I get something about esa soon. The DM Surely should have some medical insight, being the DM they decide on our lives, they literally tick boxes and their title is not fit for purpose, rant over. Thanks for reading ! 
    You don't need to wait to submit an SSCS1 form for appeal. You only need basic reasons you don't need to send your full submission to start the process

CR
  • gh49
    Oh  thank you , so I can get them to log my appeal then send more info later ? If I get an appointment with CAB would they print form off for me as I gave no printer thanks so much
  • CockneyRebel
    After you submit SSCS1 and your appeal is accepted you will receive a bundle of all the evidence in your claim. This is what you should use to finish preparing your submisssion.
    If you can see the CAB, they should be able to help with your appeal

CR
  • gh49
    Thanks CR you have helped me understand a bit better ! 
    Much appreciated
  • liz1505
    liz1505 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    My assessment was from captia everything i had said or my husband said they wrote complete opposite she virtually said i was okay. I scored 0 on everything. I had been on dla for the past 6 years and my conditions i suffer from will not and can not improve over years. The assessor did not have a clue about my conditions. I sent off the mandatory and still only got my higher rate mobility but standard daily living i am now waiting on the appeal but it is causing me so much stress and pressure. And having effects on my depression.how long will i be waiting to hear from the appeal courts. Thanks in advance.liz.
  • CockneyRebel
    Hi liz and welcome

Have you had notification that your claim has been accepted ?
    Have you received the bundle and submitted your submission ?
    Hearing times vary from area to area and whether you have asked for oral or paper based hearing, You can ring the tribunal clerk who should be able to give you approx waiting times

CR
  • rainbow58
    i requested MR and the DWP decision maker clearly did not look at anything because they repeated word for word what the assessor wrote -even when it was clear lies.They have not scored any points even when did score points they have zeroed them just so they can decline PIP.surely that has to be illegal?
  • CockneyRebel
    It is not unusual for MR to not change a decision
    You now have two choices
    1) you can appeal to the tribunal
    2) you can put in a new claim, there is no waiting time if you have no award in payment

There is a third option of doing both but that can get complicated

CR
  • rainbow58
    am appealing to tribunal with CAB
  • CockneyRebel
    That is good to have CAB to help you

CR
  • liz1505
    Hi. Thankyou for that its coming up to 4 weeks now. Ive received the letter to confirm they received everything, my husband did a statement that i including stating he would go to the hearing if needed too..i will give them another and then call. Its causing me alot of stress and worry.
    Thankyou again liz.
  • liz1505
    Thankyou for the welcome to the group im really pleased to have found it.liz.
  • CockneyRebel
    Hi liz

Sorry, meds are befuddling my brain  atm.
    Is it the acceptance letter you have received or the bundle of paperwork with all the evidence ?

CR
  • liz1505
    Dont worry i know that feeling i think its just the acceptance letter.when would i get the bundle of paperwork?  Liz.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.