Preparation for PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Preparation for PIP assessment

Teddylo
Teddylo Community member Posts: 23 Listener
edited November 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I'm new to this site. & trying to gather as much information as I can for my Pip assessment on Friday. I can honestly say I am in a panic to say the least as I don't have any experience with the benefits system as up until the start of the year seemed relatively healthy & an outdoors power walker but in the space of 10 months I am reduced to being housebound with suspected RA. I have been assessed by OT & have aids fitted in my house. I am no longer able to return to the job I had so live off SSP for now. 
I have my rheumatology appointment next week but I am beginning to worry about finances & the future!
I still need to buy further aids & my OT advised applying for pip in order to do this but after reading up on the refusals & the stress caused to so many people I'm feeling very low! 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.