PIP mandatory reconsideration - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP mandatory reconsideration

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Ahh. Ok
    You should receive the bundle in about 28days.

This is what you use to prepare you submission to the tribunal. When you receive it, check to make sure that all of your evidence is included.
    Any new evidence should be attached to the back with your name and NI on each page.

When you do your submission, start with a brief history.

Take each descriptor one at a time.
    Any descriptors that you agree with say so. Any you disagree with say what points you received, what points you should have recieved and why.

Reference each descriptor to page and paragraph of the evidence. Lead the reader to the exact place in the evidence that shows you meet the descriptor in the way you say. If you were the reader, would you want to wade through the equivalent of "War and Peace". Make it simple to find the truth, make it idiot proof,

End with a brief summary of what you should receive based on your evidence.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • liz1505
    liz1505 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Does that come from the tribunal courts or does that come from dwp/pip? Is it 28days from me sending my disagreement or 28 days from when they receive it or is it from now? Ive sent that kind of evidence when i sent my appeal letter etc.with attached evidence.
    Who could i ring to find out how far along it is?
    Thanks liz.
  • CockneyRebel
    It is 28 days from when they received your request.
    To be honest I am not certain whether it comes from the tribunal or DWP. Any further evidence you have should be sent to the tribunal who a responsible for distirbuting it
    You can ring the tribunal clerk but there is not much to be done until the bundle arrives with the clerk who can then put it on the list for hearing. 

CR
  • liz1505
    Okay thanks i may just have to play the waiting game for a little longer. They received my paperwork on 10/10...
    Liz.
  • CockneyRebel
    The wait for tribunals when listed for hearing vary with area but expect 6-8 months for an oral hearing

CR
  • liz1505
    Okay.its going to be a while then.
    Liz.
  • bobtweenie
    bobtweenie Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    Snap . Ive just sent my mandatory reconsideration letter off with a copy of the health professionals report off . The assessor who did mine was a nurse and I'd like to know what knowledge she has on brain tumours and strokes and how her report can justify that off a brain surgeons . My money has stopped completely . I hope it goes to tribunal as the DWP will look complete idiots . 
  • liz1505
    The assessor who i saw had no medical knowledge at all, they all need to have some knowledge of conditions they see in stead of making false assumptions and saying completely different to what you tell them.they dwp dont see your everyday struggles. Ive had the pile of paperwork you receive from the appeal.my money was reduced dramatically i did loose my motorbility until i sent of the reconsideration but got that back but lost alot.they do make themselves look bigger idiots.best of luck.
  • rainbow58
    rainbow58 Community member Posts: 80 Courageous
    i have just received a letter from the appeals confirming receipt of my appeal .they said that the DWP will send all documents to them but nothing about submitting  my own documents in defence.i had the council support people come round this morning and am going to get a grab rail fitted at my back door-the guy is here now fitting it as i type this-also getting a bath aid to help me get in the bath and a walking stick.may get some financial help and help preparing meals,
  • liz1505
    Its just the waiting game now for you, it took 28 days for me to receive the pack with all paperwork in.
  • rainbow58
    i am worried about going to tribunal as i have no support and know i will crack up and cry as soon as i get there.i know i cant get across what i want to say-need to say-cant express myself .the CAB no longer provide support due to funding being withdrawn,
  • rainbow58
    LIZ did/do  they give you the opportunity to send in your own paperwork ahead of the tribunal,?
  • liz1505
    I read you can have a written tribunal decision if you cant attend try not to worry.but i know what you mean about cracking. I would feel like i was a criminal on trial.
  • CockneyRebel
    Now that your appeal has been accepted, you will receive a bundle of paperwork which is all the evidence used in your claim.

When you get it, check to make sure that all your evidence is present.

This is what you should use to prepare your claim from. Any new evidence should be attached to the back with your name and NI on each page

To prepare your submission
    First write a brief hstory of your claim

Then take each descriptor , one at a time, say what points were awarded and what points you believe should have ben awarded and why.

Do this for all descriptors even the ones that are correct

For the one you are disputing.
    Reference each decriptor to page and paragraph of the evidence. Lead the reader to the exact place to find the point you wish to make. Make it easy for them to find, they don't want to have to read the equivalent of "war and Peace" to find the truth. Make it idiot proof.

Do that for each descriptor in turn even if you are referencing to the same place for different descriptors 

Write a brief summary totalling the points that you say should be awarded and the award level that you should get.

Don't get bogged down trying to discredit the assessor or the misinformation in the report. The only way to win an award is to show that you meet the criteria

CR
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @rainbow58

Don't worry too much about oral tribunal hearings.  My panel was inquisitorial but not aggressive.  Have your wits about you and answer confidently.   I was only required to answer questions, not to give a 'presentation'.

Disability Rights has a good section on PIP tribunals and their Handbook has an even more detailed section.  You do have to buy this, price £15 from Disability Rights site, but worth the money.

Tribunal increased my award from standard both components to enhanced both components.
  • rainbow58
    liz1505 said:
    I read you can have a written tribunal decision if you cant attend try not to worry.but i know what you mean about cracking. I would feel like i was a criminal on trial.
    if you dont attend then they are likely to turn down PIP ,CAB advised to attend.

• rainbow58
    Now that your appeal has been accepted, you will receive a bundle of paperwork which is all the evidence used in your claim.

This is what you should use to prepare your claim from. Any new evidence should be attached to the back with your name and NI on each page

Then take each descriptor , one at a time, say what points were awarded and what points you believe should have ben awarded and why.

Reference each decriptor to page and paragraph of the evidence. Lead the reader to the exact place to find the point you wish to make. Make it easy for them to find, they don't want to have to read the equivalent of "war and Peace" to find the truth. Make it idiot proof.

Do that for each descriptor in turn even if you are referencing to the same place for different descriptors 

Write a brief summary totalling the points that you say should be awarded and the award level that you should get.

Don't get bogged down trying to discredit the assessor or the misinformation in the report. The only way to win an award is to show that you meet the criteria

CR

CR

CR

CR

CR
    dont know what hsppened there-your reply has appesared nfew times,is this MR youare talking about or tribunal?do they give you another form to fill in?
  • CockneyRebel
    I don't know what happened. I might have sent it twice ,
     to be sure to be sure
  • rainbow58
    Matilda said:
    @rainbow58

Don't worry too much about oral tribunal hearings.  My panel was inquisitorial but not aggressive.  Have your wits about you and answer confidently.   I was only required to answer questions, not to give a 'presentation'.

Disability Rights has a good section on PIP tribunals and their Handbook has an even more detailed section.  You do have to buy this, price £15 from Disability Rights site, but worth the money.

Tribunal increased my award from standard both components to enhanced both components.
    i answered questions at the first assessment and the assessor claimed that i answered all questions with full attention -yet contradicted this by saying my answers were evasive and inconsistent.what if they do the same as the assessor and dont accept what i tell them-because i struggle to get things across,

i calculated i should receive enhanced for both-18 years of receiving DLA indefinitely was disregarded -and ESA was awarded no problem -on IB/ESA for 19 years.at least now i have aids from the council to help me-hopefully they will give me something in writing to this effect,.
  • rainbow58
    I don't know what happened. I might have sent it twice ,
     to be sure to be sure
    it was somethiung i did

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.