My area is now covered by Universal Credit but i am on PIP and it states i cannot have UC - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My area is now covered by Universal Credit but i am on PIP and it states i cannot have UC

Options
2»

Comments

• Natalie29190
    Natalie29190 Community member Posts: 24 Listener
    Options
    Hi all,

I have just received a text message saying this:

Your first payment of JSA will be about £120 paid on 29th November. We do not pay for the first 7 days of your claim.

After this first payment you will get about £336 every 2 weeks. You must continue to go to the jobcentre. 

I am assuming i was accepted. 
  • Natalie29190
    Natalie29190 Community member Posts: 24 Listener
    Options
    I am assuming that amount is including my PIP as well. Please advise.

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Natalie29190,

Your PIP will be separate from your JSA. It sounds to me as though you've been awarded income-based Jobseekers Allowance and as a result of your PIP have had some premiums added to your JSA.

Did you receive a breakdown of how the DWP worked this out? The letter will tell you what all the amounts are and what they're for. If you need some help working it out let us know. 

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, I found it really interesting to see how your journey progressed. You may not realise it but sharing here helps so many people. 

Best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.