Won an appeal at court for PIP now got a letter asking for statement of reason - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won an appeal at court for PIP now got a letter asking for statement of reason

Comments

• clark30
    clark30 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    THE dwp Just say on the letter that they have a month to apply for the statement of reasons it’s all false it doesn’t state that how long u have to wait for the judge to do it
  • dodo76
    dodo76 Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
    Every thing with the DWP is all about mind games they want you to give it up just try and carry on your life as hard as it is 
    Look at all the stories in the news over the same sort of issues the DWP have made so many mistakes with cases sooner or later things will turn around for us all hang in there 
  • clark30
    I hope so life is getting so much harder the judge needs to hurry up apparently the dwp are chasing this up but I think it alls lies 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    clark30,

let us know when you hear. Hopefully the DWP won't take it any further once they've got the statement of reasons.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• clark30
    Phoned the tribunal today and the dwp got told it was still with the judge it’s been 12 weeks still getting told just wait for the statement of reasons 
  • clark30
    Still waiting phoned them again it’s been 13 weeks now
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    clark30clark30,

I think this is too long to wait and you should complain to HMCTS, as it seems the delay is at their end. I know they are very overloaded with tribunals, but 13 weeks is too long.

I'd make the point that the delay means DWP won't pay you and it is also adding to your anxiety. Might be worth telling your MP about this too, as the DWP are asking for reasons far more often - which adds to the delays.

Will

• dodo76
    Clark 3o 
    I know your getting fed up by all the delays but just keep at them and complaine to Hmct see if that shakes them up a little 
    We are still playingvthe waiting game ourselfs only with us it on the upper tirb judge to look at our case coming up to 18 months sonce we started the whole appeal leant to just roll with things after it started to effect our health but find the whole thing stressfull for the dwp just seem to ho out of there way to block you at every turn and keep moving the goal post 
    I have noticed of the past we that they have been talking about the rose in fraud there is in claimsin the press seems they are trying to take the heat of there short comings with both ESA n PIP claims that are appealing 
  • clark30
    Wrote a complaint to Hmrc let’s see what happens now
  • clark30
    Wrote a complaint to hmrc still getting told my statement of reasons is with the judge the courts clerk has emailed the judge 6 times for the statement of reasons  it’s been 13 weeks this is really bad 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    It's no excuse but I think that the tribunals service are now inundated with requests from DWP for statements of reasons.
  • dodo76
    I think the wait is due to the tribunal service been pulled out with appeals  just keep at them clark 30 i know its stressful but we are the lucky one i have seen a few things in the press over the past couple of weeks were sadly many people have died before they gave got to the appeal which i find personal upsetting hang in there 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    edited December 2017
    clark30,

Might be worth talking to your MP about this. All the requests for statements of reasons are part of the DWP defending the many PIP appeals they are losing and trying to stretch out the time before they pay people. It's causing huge stress and financial difficulty and in your case, the problem is with the tribunal service as well as with DWP, even if it isn't the tribunal service's fault.

As well as trying to speed up your own case, your MP might be interested in trying to investigate and improve DWP policy so they don't ask for reasons in so many cases!

Will

• clark30
    My mp can’t help due to legal reasons was told really stressing out now don’t know what to do next  it’s been nearly 14 weeks nuffin has changed
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    Hello clark30

I am sorry to hear that your MP cannot assist. It is unclear why the MP cannot help.  Do you think the MP misunderstood that you wanted help to complain about how long you have been waiting for the full reasons for the tribunal decision rather than help with challenging a Tribunal decision? 

Please post again one you receive  a response to your complaint.

Maria

• clark30
    Have heard from my complaint and was told again it has been sent to the judge then phoned CAB as was told if nothing gets resolved my jan 11 next year then contact them again  I am just going around in circles
  • dodo76
    Hi all
    Just a quick update 
    Nothing as changed still waiting for the judge to look at paperwork and makes his call coming up to 7 months now will be a year end of April since we won in court 
    Phone to see if they could give us any time scales but to no joy so back to the waiting game 
    Clake 30 how you getting on any bettter than me i hope so 
    Hang in everyone 
    Xx 

• sandyp196
    sandyp196 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
    Don't give up now. The alternative is worse. You are nearly there. Deep breath and hold tight for just a bit longer.   
  • clark30
    I know what u r going through I won aswell and then got by back dated money in January this year hang in there I then got a solicitor involved which helped me get it quick 
  • dodo76
    Clake 30 
    So please your all sorted  :D your news brungs a smile to my face 
    We have not given up hope and dont think of it on a daily as it would drive us nuts time to moves very very slowly with the DWP  from filling out the PIP to now its taken just under 2 yrs and still no closer to getting a result as soon as i have any news i will update you all thank you for all ur surport 
    Xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.