Mental Health — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mental Health

BillDavey007
BillDavey007 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
edited November 2017 in Mental health and wellbeing
This discussion was created from comments split from: PTSD.

Comments

• BillDavey007
    Hi 
    I have been through major surgury for bowl cancer which went wrong causing sepsis major abdominal rupture and also leaving me with colostomy bag for two years now have spinal problems that can not be fixed so this as I was in ITU on life support has caused PTSD and major anxiety and depression but I am fighting this and want others to know you must fight on  
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @BillDavey007, thank you for sharing this with us. It sounds like you've been through an awful lot and it's great to hear that you're still fighting strong. If there's anything we can assist you with, just let us know. Hope today is as kind as possible to you!
  • BillDavey007
    Thank you trying to get some mental heath help but do not seem to be getting anywhere there does not seem to be anyone that can give you telephone support everyone I ring just seem to want to pass you on to someone one else I tell them I am seeing someone from Heath in mind on Friday so they say you will have to see them then but I need help now not on Friday
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Hi @BillDavey007, I'm sorry to hear that. If you feel like you need to talk to somebody right now, I'd definitely recommend The Samaritans. Their number is 116 123, and there are also alternative contact methods.
  • BillDavey007
    Thank you for your help I will ring them I have talked to them in past and has helped just feeling a bit low this morning and psychologist believe it or not is on long term sick so I am not getting help as when seeing here I felt I was making progress but now my illness has got worse now I have no contact phone support 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    I really hope it helps @BillDavey007 - they're great listeners. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Brightness