PIP Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Tribunal

Options
Elky1
Elky1 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
Everyone needs to know that GP's, particularly mine, can and do refuse to support any of their patients that are going to Tribunal. I have been asking my doc for months for conformation of my disabilities effect on me. He used to just put me off but now is saying that he does not have the time or get paid to supply this info so none of his patients will get the help they require. I have informed the DWP and anyone else caught in this needs to do the same. It is going to have a totally negative effect on on our appeals so what else can we do? 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Elky1, thank you for sharing this with us. I'm so sorry to hear that you haven't had the support you needed from your GP, that must have made your application process a lot more difficult. Are you able to see an alternative GP and get a second opinion? 
  • Elky1
    Elky1 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Options
    I'm in the process of changing GP's at the moment so thankfully that should take away some of the huge pressure I'm under at present. Between that and the major surgery I'm about to have my head is all over. I am so depressed at the moment, it's unreal. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad to hear it @Elky1. I really hope things get sorted out as soon as possible for you, and that easier days are ahead! 

Brightness