ESA - ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION - LEAVING WORK — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA - ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION - LEAVING WORK

eeyore1987
eeyore1987 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all

I am new here.

I am currently working but suffer depression and anxiety - i take several medications and have been signed off work previously due to this.

I am struggling again but i am concerned about being signed off as i would only get ssp? is that correct and how would i pay my rent? 

Would i be entitled to esa?

Thank you 

Comments

• AlexW_Scope
    AlexW_Scope Scope Posts: 224 Pioneering
    Sorry to hear this @eeyore1987

You might find this useful: Support to help you keep your job when ill or disabled

Best wishes, Alex

• Tracy1965
    Tracy1965 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    I tried to go back to work but after 10 days couldn’t cope i had already told all my benefits that I was starting so everything got cancelled now I’m in a situation where I can’t pay bills got no food in house for myself or my son I’ve got so low again don’t want to go out the house or do anything but lay in my bed I can’t take anything in when trying to read I just don’t know what to do anymore I had a message this morning from Esa saying they have received my application which I was told to put in as a rapid claim but still they say it could be 2 weeks before I hear anything 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry to hear that @Tracy1965, it sounds like things are really tough for you at the moment. Keep following it up with the DWP when you feel like you can, and keep us updated on your progress. I really hope today is as kind as possible to you. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.