Hi, my name is wendy1958! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is wendy1958!

wendy1958
wendy1958 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi please we need urgent help to get out of a three bedroom town house , we need to get back to our area in a ground floor as my lungs are so bad we’re sleeping on sofa me an my husband an I can’t get to shower so just washing in sink we really are desperate we’re both disabled an I in an out hosp with my breathing plus we have other disability’s an we were conned out of our disability home in March due to being so vunarable now we are desperate an don’t k know what to do please could someone help us 

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @wendy1958 and welcome to the community.

@Debbie_Scope would probably be the best person to offer advice, though she probably won't be around until Monday.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• wendy1958
    Ok thAnkyou we really are in desperate need of help thAnkyou x 
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @wendy1958 you are welcome. Housing is so important, and when our homes become virtual prisons there is little dignity in it. However the rules can be complex and with the emphasis on home ownership and profits finding suitable housing for those with disabiliities can be very difficult. Hopefully Debbie will be able to help you.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi wendy and welcome

I know the problems you are haveing with breathing, just came out of hospital my self this week.
    You will probably need trained f2f advice from CAB or similar, but please ring the Scope help line on monday, they may be able to offer better advice

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • wendy1958
    ThAnkyou so much x 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @wendy1958 welcome to the community, you might want to call the Scope helpline to get some support and information, you can call on 0808 800 3333.

@Debbie_Scope is there any support you can offer?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • wendy1958
    I would appreciate some help we’re both so desperate now , trying to sleep on a sofa an wash in a sink can just about get to my kitchen but then I lose my breath Hyde Housing don’t want to help us even though I giving them a three storey home back with three ensuites an three massive bedrooms for a bungalow so we can cope with they just say you got to do an exchange it’s appauling 
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi @wendy1958,

I'm so sorry for the late reply. .

This sounds very complicated. You mention that you were conned out of your disability home because of your vulnerability. Are you able to tell me more about what happened. 

It seems unusual that your housing association would not consider you for a management move/transfer on health grounds and tell you your only option is to exchange. Is this linked to what happened when you lost your last home?

I think you need to get some advice from Shelter or your local CAB but I'm happy to try and provide further information if I can find out a bit more about what has happened. There's potential for a 'homeless application' but before you consider this, you really need to get some advice. The homeless route is a difficult one and not very pleasant. We need to see if there are any solutions with your current situation.

Are you in contact with your Adult Social Care department? 

Hope to hear from you again.

Best wishes
    Debbie
  • lucycherish
    lucycherish Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    If you are active on the housing list, I would still bid on properties available to yourself and not just the mutual exchange, there's no reason not to, it may even speed things along. I know how frustrating it is as I'm currently trying to get out of this house for health reasons, sorry I'm not much use but just thought I'd put it out there anyway, hope your sorted soon x
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    I think the problems you face are down to what happened when you were 'conned' out of your previous property. Usually once you move into a property there are rules that apply to you moving again too soon Without more detail it is impossible to give good advice but you do need to discuss what happened with someone you trust. The difficulties you now face are most certainly caused by your previous move and the rules that are in place in your area which are to stop people just moving every few months because they don't like something. You should NEVER accept a property until you are sure it is suitable for you.

In the meantime you could certainly get an Occupational Therapy assessment  of your current property and it's unsuitability which ought to help you. Do make sure that if and when you are in a position to move you make sure that you will be able to cope there.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Brightness