New disability — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New disability

Options
markant
markant Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I have fribo and epilepsy spondolosis COPD the epilepsy is five different types with violence towards family members when in a fit.
I have recently been seen by a consultant for my hip pain walking distance is bad I can't even walk around a supermarket I can only walk about 5 yards before the pain is terrible the consultant as informed me that it's not my hips but my lower back and fallen arches and flat feet that's causing the problems.
I do get pip and I'm asking if I should claim again because I only get standard rate of care and mobility.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi markant and welcome

Putting in a change of circumstance will trigger a new assessment

Try taking the B&W self test which might give you a better idea of success

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

Please come back with any questions or help you need

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello markant

Did you take the self test suggested by CR? 

CR is also correct that contacting PIP to ask that your claim be looked at again will lead to a re-assessment.  As such, PIP can look at your current award to check that the points given are correct as well as whether they can increase the award. 

If there has been however a clear deterioration in your health and you think that you should be awarded more points on the PIP daily living/mobility then a re-assessment maybe appropriate.  

When does your current PIP award end? As another thing to bear in mind is that if your award is to end soon then a re-assessment will be completed as part of you renewal and this can also take into account deteriorating health and increased needs. 

Maria

The Benefits Training Co:

• markant
    markant Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Dear Maria,my PIP doesn't end until 2020 and I'm aware that if I make a new cliam I could lose my PIP altogether and go through the trouble I had to get it.
    I had to get though a mandatory reconsideration to get it awarded so I'm not sure to apply at the moment.

Markant

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.