Pip assessor - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessor

1235»

Comments

• blysie27
    blysie27 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    I have had a similar experience with my son at our assessment. The assessor seems to of made up information & has certainly not put on her report what was said to her. An example of this is that we told her my son using adapted cutlery to eat and a special slicer for apples as he can't chop or peel with a knife. She wrote he us s a sliced to prepare & cut vegetables for a simple meal!! Not sure an apple is a meal? Also because my son recently passed his driving test he is able to read complex written information. The theory test is spoken to you through headsets. He is dyslexic & had to have a reader & scribe st school for exams and one to one support & use of a laptop in lessons. It's crazy!! We are just waiting to go to appeal now! 
  • Cas1
    Cas1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Feeling a sickly feeling in my stomach after reading these reports.  I have Crohns Disease had it for over 20yrs, is a condition obviously not visible although gone through hell with it in those years.  Had DLA for getting around but now feeling the toll of my condition/medication and feel l should be applying for both.  How do l prove to someone not medically trainied in Gastro problems that l qualify for PIP.  I am asking myself now should l bother going.
  • blysie27
    blysie27 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    My son has also had to go to appeal. He use to get middle rate care & low rate mobility with DLA. He is autistic dyslexic and has dyspraxia. They stopped our payments in July. I am his carer. It is causing great stress & anxiety for him & he Is still terrified about going to the appeal. Our accessor also wrote down things we never said. She decided that because my son can use a mobile phone & prepare a pot noodle or cereal that he could cook his own meal! And because he folded a piece of paper in half he could manage everything. I was & still a must so cross over it all. Just got to wait for the appeal now!!
  • ChipmunkofVengeance
    ChipmunkofVengeance Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I've just been seen by my assessor today, since I have autism and I'm moving from DLA to PIP and already me and my parents noticed several things already, such as the assessor arriving 30 minutes early to the appointment, and the appointment taking 25 minutes instead of 45. They also tried to give an air of interest but obviously looked disinterested with whatever they were typing.

Currently waiting to see the report from it but currently it is looking like that I'll need to make an appeal.
  • Debi0709
    Debi0709 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    kenny said:
    I was recently assessed at home by Capita, I am a 32year old man, who has cerebral palsy which has left me confined to a wheelchair all of my life.I Have mild to moderate learning disability which means I am unable to read or write. The assessor noted I have some power in my arms so it was decided that with the aids and appliances I could dress myself, prepare meals, take myself to toilet I don't know what these aids and appliances are but these are things I have never been able to do so if there is something out there that can fasten buttons open tins fill kettles etc I would like to know. The assessor was told of my illiteracy but the decision was made that I could read complex subject matter this was because I did a college course, yes I did with a note taker and reader to assist me, also because I was on facebook and used a tablet, yes but someone else is typing this for me and it has to be read to me! I was also told I could manage complex bank accounts, plan and carry out journeys on my own, communicate well although with new people I have a severe stammer! The who!e decision was lies and misrepresentation!

debs
  • Debi0709
    Debi0709 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Unfortunately they find every way possible to try and cause problems 
    debs

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.