Any extra help? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any extra help?

judith11
judith11 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi, previously on dla, had to swap to pip early this year. Having been on high rate dla mobility for years and deteriorated considerably in that time, I had a face to face interview by an interviewer who actually lied on my paperwork and it was upheld on review. I was warned that going to appeal would leave me open to a higher reduction and so dare not appeal was awarded high rate care because I can now do very little for myself, and have four pain routed disabilities and several other issues. It has meant that I can no longer cover my rent and eat or heat the house also now isolated. I heard recently that pip have acknowledged an issue and back dating to May, people who may have been wrongly assessed. Do I have to ask to b considered for this?. Applied for discretionary housing payments and told to ask the landlord to reduce the rent or find somewhere cheaper to live! I cold not physically move again and was previously in a 3 bedroom house and told bedrom tax would be less if I moved to 2, once I. Moved, same council, I got no more. Housing benefit leaves me having to find £150 a month out of my living money. I am a cancer patient, diabetic and have a heart condition on top of 4 pain conditions, going without food and heat is dangerous. I am desperate for some help please, thankyou.

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.