Looking for housing for nephew with mental health and Autism — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking for housing for nephew with mental health and Autism

Options
Gillian63
Gillian63 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi ,am hoping you can help,we are looking for somewhere for my nephew,he as mentle heath probles a ortisum.he is living in Leigh at the moment in a serport housing ,his dad is disabled and his relationship as broke down,so I have found my brother a flat back in tameside Ashton under lyne.now we need to find my nephew a move to .my nephew needs to move very soon. We are waiting to go to count , because when he was 8yrs old his mum's Husbond hit him,now it's come out he also abused my nephew,so we can't leave him in far away. He is going tough a very bad time. Can u please help me and put me into someone that can help us.he is 21 yes old now,but needs support living. Hope to hear soon 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Gillian and welcome

Have you tried the CAB ?
    It is worth ringing the Scope help line for quicker assistance

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Debbie_Scope can you help at all?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Gillian63,

If you're not already in touch with Adult Social Care, I think they would be the first people to talk to. Does your nephew have a social worker? If so, contact them directly. Your nephew will need help to find supported housing in a different area and a social worker is best placed to help. 

If that doesn't help come back and let me know and we can look at other options.

Best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness