Loneliness — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Loneliness

Welsh_chatter
Welsh_chatter Community member Posts: 12 Connected
Do you ever feel alone , Do you feel there no one else to chat to 

Are there any good chat rooms that support people with disabilities and their carers that can offer a friendly chat when needed 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Welsh chatter and welcome

Thanks for joining our community, I am so sorry that you feel alone. It can be very hard for those of us with disabilities to socially interact.

There are many members here who not only want to chat but also share their knowledge and help with any questions

Please jump in with any topic or start a chat line of your own

We don't bite and would love to hear about you

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Welsh_chatter How are you and welcome to the on line community.  I live on my own too.  Have mental illness mainly anxiety and depression.  Also have disability of the hands and feet this is a genetic condition.  Makes walking hard plus have deafness this causes me social interaction differcult.  I hope you find everybody welcoming and wish you the best in what ever you do.
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Welsh_chatter
    I'm fine just wonder how others cope at times !! 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Blue Frog
    Blue Frog Community member Posts: 358 Pioneering
    edited December 2017
    Hi @Welsh_chatter I have a little one who is 4 and has a disability.  Generally we get on absolutely fine and I love her to bits! But, as you say it can be pretty isolating and lonely. 

I was really hoping to make friends with other parents when she started school but most kids come in taxis so I never get chance to chat at the school gates.

Families whose children don't have disabilities don't really understand, and we never get invited to things, especially as it's hard getting a wheelchair into a lot of houses round here! I think the thing I have found saddest, is that at nursery there was a clique of mums whose kids have very complex health needs and they pretty much ignored us as on the surface we don't fit that group either.

Add that to me hating Facebook and online oversharing, we are very isolated.  But, rant aside, we are happy and just get on with it.  My daughter is lovely and doesn't seem lonely.  This community is great and I get a lot of support here.

Who do you care for? x
  • Welsh_chatter
    i don't actually care for anyone
    have done volunteer work that support people with physical disabilities which I have really enjoyed 
    not done much the last couple of years  but hopefully in the new year I be back volunteering supporting wonderful people on a regular basis 

Brightness