19 years of chronic pain — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

19 years of chronic pain

lenat
lenat Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, my name is lena and I have been chronic pain sufferer for nigh on 19 years now. My source of pain is from my back and the 4 major surgeries I've had for disc problems.
Four years ago I was diagnosed with cauda equina syndrome and was left with drop foot and my left foot turning in and parathesis in both legs, but worse in my left and in my genital area, I have bladder,bowel and sexual dysfunction. 
Just last week I was rushed to hospital with really bad bleeding from my rectum and diagnosed with diverticular disease and I was having a flare up, diverticularitis. Since then I've had anaphylaxis due to antibiotics and still have chronic diarrhoea, inspite of a 3 day water diet. I am about to begin another spell of 3 days on water. 
Thanks for listening
Lena

Comments

• Jimbo34
    Jimbo34 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    HI
    i Lena  Sorry to hear of your problems, I hope things sort themselves out soon.
    I  have 2 stomas, along with COPD and old age  which has now left me with very poor mobility. Dissability comes in all shapes and sizes so its up to us to help oneanother as best we can. Take care 

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lenat welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear you are having such a tough time.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lenat, how are you doing? I just wanted to say hello as I suffer from anaphylaxis myself and know how scary it can feel. I really hope today is as kind as possible to you! 

Brightness