Neuro Myotonia — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Neuro Myotonia

Tracie
Tracie Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I have been disabled for 14 years with a Neurological Disease called Neuro Myotonia. It has left me with violent Spasms which are controlled most of the time with medication I'm on. I am in constant pain from shooting pains that shoot down my spine all of the time. I have no standing or walking ability and I have no sensation below my waist. I have weakness in my left arm and little sensation in both hands. It also has left me with the inability to remember things in the present such as people's names or appointments or my medications etc. I have also lost some words I used to know which is very frustrating. 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tracie welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear you are struggling, are you getting any support?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Tracie and welcome

I am so sorry that you are having such a bad time

Is there any thing we can help you with ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tracie

Good evening & welcome !!! 

I’m very sorry to hear about your current troubles.

I have been dealing with a Neurological Condition since 1998.

Please please let me know if you would like any help/support ????

Many thanks.
  • Tracie
    Tracie said:
    I have been disabled for 14 years with a Neurological Disease called Neuro Myotonia. It has left me with violent Spasms which are controlled most of the time with medication I'm on. I am in constant pain from shooting pains that shoot down my spine all of the time. I have no standing or walking ability and I have no sensation below my waist. I have weakness in my left arm and little sensation in both hands. It also has left me with the inability to remember things in the present such as people's names or appointments or my medications etc. I have also lost some words I used to know which is very frustrating. 

I also forgot to mention that I was diagnosed with Cancer 2 years ago and I'm currently on Chemotherapy. 
  • Tracie
    Has anyone whose disabled had to go for a Pip assessment. I had to go for one today. I am in a Wheelchair and have been disabled for 13 years but I’m so worried about loosing my money and the car that we rely on we have an hoist in the back to put my powered wheelchair in the back. Has anyone else been through this please xxxxxxx
  • Ghostship
    Ghostship Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    edited August 2018
    I have had a neuro illness since Feb 2012. When I was diagnois with Sub Acute Denegeration of the Spinal Cord due to B12 Defiency for life.  I wear splints to stop my feet Spasming.

Brightness