What help can we get? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What help can we get?

hickem01
hickem01 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all,
My son (adult) suffered a spinal injury some 6 months ago and after spending time at Stoke
Mandeville as an inpatient, has recently been released and is now living in housing provided by the local council.

My son is aged 30+ and had been working and had his own life prior to the accident, obviously this has all changed now.

My concern at the moment is that since his release, we seemed to have been left on our own to deal with all sorts of aspects of home/healthcare and I feel at a bit of a loss.

My Son is very stubborn and reluctant to reach out for help, particularly if suggested by me.or members of the family

So my ask is:-

1) where is a good place to start to see what help we can from allowances, home help, back to work, etc?

I appreciate this is a very big question summarised in a few lines but i'm hoping it resonants with others, who could offer some good advice/guidance

Many Thanks in advance

Mark

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.