Motobility — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Motobility

Arnold
Arnold Community member Posts: 35 Listener
I've been told by a person that I've got to use my mobility payment for a car or pip will take it of me if I get the pip award ?!.!

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Arnold and welcome

Sorry to be blunt but that is a load of rubbish. Mobility  awards are given to acknowledge that you have mobility problems. A car is not appropriate for everyone. It is up to you how you use the award, even if you never leave home you can still qualify for a mobility award

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • debkenzo
    debkenzo Community member Posts: 110 Pioneering
    Hi Arnold
    As CockneyRebel says, your mobility award is to be used as you wish.  
    Debbie
  • Arnold
    Arnold Community member Posts: 35 Listener
    Thankyou I gave my mobility car in because I felt unsafe to drive I pay my daughters petrol and insurance with my money which enables her to come down and c to my. Needs she did not want the car thanks again 
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @Arnold Whoever told you that doesn't know what they're talking about. PIP Mobility is to help pay for transport in whatever way is suitable for your own particular needs. My husband is my carer but also carer for my adopted son who he visits everyday while I stay at home. We have our own car which we've just had to change from owning old cars outright to a better car on finance. He would not be able to use a motobility car to visit my son only for transporting me or going out for something for me. So there are many and varied senarios when a Motobility car is out of the question but transport is still needed and has to be paid for. 

Brightness