Disabled people reason for UK low productivity - Philip Hammond — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disabled people reason for UK low productivity - Philip Hammond

rosscolfc
rosscolfc Community member Posts: 26 Courageous
I was enraged today when I read the comments Philip Hammond our Chancellor. 
He has hastily given the green light for discrimination against disabled people in the world place. apparently we are to blame for the UKs low productivity!

Asked about a fall in productivity rates earlier this year, he said: “The consequences of high levels of unemployment, particularly youth unemployment, will be felt for many, many years to come.

“It is almost certainly the case that by increasing participation in the workforce, including far higher levels of participation by marginal groups and very high levels of engagement in the workforce, for example of disabled people

Please sign if you agree he should be sacked.

Comments

• Dasiydo
    Dasiydo Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
    I was hurt what he said about disability and disable I really upsetting and angery because I half deaf and dyspraxia and I lost my roll befriended volunteering for making space because I half deaf So now learn support on UK farm only. I felt hurt at MP could say that How can keep my Trefoil Guild promise now I promise on my belief Service Queen and my community and help others people and keep Guide law. With MP saying that I have dout and feeling hurt
    V.shaw
  • Neil2017
    Neil2017 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
    Hi @rosscolfc
    I was also disgusted by this reference to disabled people and productivity. Surely there are is a lot more stuff that is making Britain less unproductive. I live in the south so can immediately think of the Southern Rail railway network and the number of strikes and delays that have occurred with them in for how ever long.
    Excuse the sarcasm, bu It is not that they have closed down a lot of Remploy factories in the past few years, and the amount of cuts in different Government departments both central and goverbnent.

On the positive note, I am glad to see Scope along with Virgin Media is doing something positive in trying to get more disabled people into work.
  • rosscolfc
    Whats a surprise....
  • rosscolfc
  • Dasiydo
    Dasiydo Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
    I too had same I was disappointed too I deleted mind
    V.shaw
  • feir
    feir Community member Posts: 397 Pioneering
    some conservatives wanted to pay disabled people less money per hour didn't they? i suppose they're trying to justify that.

Brightness